LATEST NEWS

Lunes, Abril 17, 2017

Review: Can't Help Falling In Love

Can’t Help Falling In Love (April 17, 2017)
Starring: Kathryn Bernardo & Daniel Padilla
Directed by: Mae Cruz- Alviar


Can’t Help Falling In Love tackles the story of an accidentally married couple Gabriela Dela Cueste aka Gab (Bernardo) and Jose Ibarra Gonzales Jr. aka Dos (Padilla), the two were an unlikely couple as their personalities are at both ends of their liking.

Conflict arises after Gab’s fiancé Jason(Guidicelli) proposed to her, being afraid that her perfectionist and dominant fiancé will get mad at her, Gab solves her problem and she tagged along Dos to look for an immediate solution to nullify their marriage. Since then they realize that they can’t help falling in love with each other.

CHFIL I could say is the best movie of Kath and DJ, basing this on the story, directing, and acting. I love the story  it made me ask at the start of the movie “How did they became married” and as the story goes little by little the reason behind their accidental marriage unfold, plus I love how they focused on the characters main struggle rather than redirecting it to their family problems.

 

In the direction, I commend Direk Mae Cruz-Alviar for a job well done, the movie was smooth flowing, I love how engaging it was and how good the execution of the Romantic and Comic element. I actually can’t stop laughing at some of the scenes in the movie, plus I love how Direk Mae took this movie a notch higher than Crazy Beautiful You, she made Gab and Dos unique and incomparable and that brings me to the next topic which is acting.

I always believe that maturity when it comes to actor is not based on how daring they can go or how intense their characterization flows. I always believe that the maturity of an actor is based on how far they can go away from their past roles and characters and Kath and DJ really went all out in this movie, the way they portray their characters were far from all of the characters they did in other movies and teleserye.

They effortlessly made me laugh at this movie, Kath went out of the box and showed her versatility in acting as well as DJ who effortlessly delivers the comic relief that has kilig on it. I would also give a special mention to Joross Gamboa’s character that dropped the bomb in the movie.

 
All in all this is the first that I really enjoyed watching a Kathniel Movie, I already watched other KN movies, but this one really hooked me from start to finish (I even felt quite “bitin” since I was really hooked with the movie). Can’t Help Falling In Love is not only the best Kathniel Movie, but also the best Star Cinema movie so far this year.

Rating: 9.5/10
 

 

Share this:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

 
Copyright © 2014 Big Beez Buzz. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates